Kadala Paruppu – 200g
Vazhappo – 1 (3/4th for grinding and 1/4th for garnishing)
Red Chillies – 6
Powdered Salt – 1.5 tspn
Finely cut Coriander leaves – to garnish
Saunf – 1 tspn
Jeera – 1 tspn
Soak Kadala Paruppu in water for 2 hours.
1. Cut vazhappo into 1 cm pieces. (Keep aside few pieces for garnishing)
1. Grind soaked kadala paruppu, red chillies, salt, saunf, jeera and cut vazhappo in a mixie to a coarse consistency.
Tip : Do not add water
2. Add finely cut coriander leaves and finely cut vazhappo to the ground mixture and mix well.
Tip: Add 2-3 tspn of rice flour if you think the ground mixture is watery.
On the stove:
1. Heat Oil in a pan.
2. Wet your left palm with water. Make balls of the vadai mixture and press it on your left palm using your right hand.
3. Deep fry the pressed balls till golden brown.
4. Serve hot.